Today, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, we mark the start of the Year of Mercy.
How can you get involved?
1. Commit to memory the Spiritual and Corporal works of mercy. Use these as an inspiration for your own life of mercy.
2. Commit yourself to some action throughout the year which will show you want to be a bearer of God’s mercy (e.g. through one of the works of mercy).
3. When you look at holy pictures of Jesus, or a crucifix, ask for the awareness of his mercy in your life.
4. Make a commitment to avail yourself of God’s mercy in the great Sacrament of Reconciliation.
5. Undertake a Jubilee Year of Mercy pilgrimage.
6. Take part in the “24 hours for the Lord” on 5th/6th March 2016.
7. When you pray through the Sunday scriptures, ask God that the power of his mercy may come in your personal and community life.
8. Choose a psalm of mercy for the year and pray it regularly.
9. Take a patron saint for the year whose life of mercy impresses you, and regularly ask his/ her help in your own life.
10. Commit yourself to regularly praying and reflecting on the Salve Regina and prayers of the Divine Mercy.
Check out our Year of Mercy eCatalogue for some great booklets to accompany you in this special year